Southern Alberta Ethnic Association
Employment Opportunity: Executive Director
The Southern Alberta Ethnic Association (SAEA) is searching for a dynamic leader to fill the position of Executive Director (ED). Reporting directly to the President and the SAEA Board of Directors, the ED will be responsible for managing the day-to day operations and the delivery of programs and services to the community we serve. This includes support for the business and strategic planning, financial management, fund raising, staff management, and program development operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates with the SAEA Board in the development of the business and strategic plan to guide the Association.
- Provides leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans with the Board.
- Refines all aspects of communications from web presence to external relations – newspapers, radio, TV, and social media to publish and communicate SAEA’s programs and their effectiveness/success.
- Ensures that SAEA has the appropriate resources including systems, physical space, technology, and staff to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Represents SAEA at community activities to enhance and promote the organization’s community profile.
- Collaborates with other service providers to facilitate a network of services in order to benefit the community.
- Manages all fund development activities including grant writing, cultivation and stewardship of donors, event planning, and identifying new resources.
- Ensures compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Act and security standards including employee training, facility inspection and security of the premises.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or its equivalent with 2-3 years of management experience with a not-for- profit organization.
- Excellent organizational management with the ability to coach and mentor staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong marketing, public relations, fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including funders, media and communities.
- Ability to develop business and strategic planning and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people from different cultures.
- Must be Microsoft Office proficient – Word, Power Point, Excel, and QuickBooks, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, demonstrating excellent work habits, skills and attitude.
- Familiarity with Alberta Employment Standards, work safety and health regulations.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply directly to SAEA President Dr. Surya Acharya (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) by emailing their cover letter and resume justifying their suitability for the position. Selected applications received through email only will be considered for interview. The position will close on Friday June 22, 2018 by 12.00 noon Mountain Standard Time.
SAEA is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive starting salary and health benefits.
We thank you for submissions, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.